1. The “Health Status Monitoring Case Form for Close Contacts” (see Supplementary Table S1, available in http://weekly.chinacdc.cn/), which records basic information, contact information, and health monitoring information of close contacts, must be completed. Specific requirements are:
1) Basic information and contact information. When registering close contacts, record their personal information (e.g., name, ID number, sex, age, underlying diseases) and information about the last contacted case (e.g., case’s name, case type, times of first and last contact, contact type).
2) Health monitoring information of close contacts. After medical observation of close contacts is concluded, information on the starting date of isolation, whether the close contact developed clinical symptoms during medical observation, the date of first symptoms, the initial clinical manifestations, final laboratory test results, collection dates for positive specimens, the worst clinical status, and their hospital discharge/isolation release date should be filled based on the health status monitoring form for close contacts.
3) Information consistency. If close contacts become confirmed cases or asymptomatically-infected persons, the recording of “the worst clinical outcome of the case” must be consistent with the information reported in the Infectious Disease Information Reporting and Management System.
2. For daily health monitoring of close contacts during medical observation, one must complete the “Registration Form for Medical Observation of Close Contacts” (see Supplementary Table S2, available in http://weekly.chinacdc.cn/).
3. When local areas summarize medical observation of close contacts, one can refer to the “Daily Report Form for Medical Observation of Close Contacts” (Supplementary Table S3, available in http://weekly.chinacdc.cn/) and the “Daily Summary Form for Medical Observation of Close Contacts” (Supplementary Table S4, available in http://weekly.chinacdc.cn/).